April 28, 2014

HOW TO BREW A FRENCH PRESS



My husband is an incredibly talented barista + all around huge coffee nerd. Over the two years we've been married he has pretty much spoiled me into a level of coffee snobbery I previously scoffed at. At the risk of sounding incredibly pretentious, single-origin hand brewed coffee is my absolute favorite way to consume coffee these days. We don't even own a coffee machine and I love it (less counter clutter). I'm slowly learning from Daniel how to brew my own coffee (for the first year he always had to do it for me), and honestly I really enjoy the ritual of it. One of my favorite things about weekend mornings is that it's a time to slow down and enjoy my morning coffee, rather than just chugging a cup to get a quick caffeine buzz and going about my business (which is still what I do during the week, sadly). After you've spent ten minutes carefully preparing 12 ounces of coffee, you really want to sit down and enjoy your hard work. The easiest way to start brewing coffee sans-machine is with the French Press method. I'm not completely comfortable with the pour-over method all by myself quite yet, but when I am more confident I will share that way, too. 


Cheers!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment